13.7.14

My second, third trip to Setiu

ok, continue from my Sekayu Trip post, this time is about my trips to Setiu. I had gone to Setiu twice last semester. I had  gone camping at Setiu before, (read here), but this time, they're only one-day trip as I was assign to complete these two types of mini project.

The first one, I went to the Setiu Wetland for my Toxicology course, I had to assess the heavy metal at the Setiu Wetland since it was known for its maricultural/agricultural activity. Me and my coursemates were divided into groups for this mini project. We had to collect the sediment and oysters at the lagoon. Me and my group members had to wait couple of hours for our turn. I was getting seasick while waiting. But I was fine afterwards when I got the chance to dive into the water to collect oysters at abandoned fish farming cage. It was awesome.. (unfortunately no one took my pictures.. ugh). But again, nothing can fight the beautiful view of nature. After we had out turn, we were busy capturing the moment..


For the third trip, I've gone to Setiu once again. for my Biodiversity Research Assessement Course. But this time, me and my coursemates gone to one of the village site at the Setiu. We visited Kampung Pengkalan Gelap, Setiu. There, we have to assess the biodiversity resources available and how it benefit the people surrounds, especially the locals. We got the chance to gain knowledge about the importance of the mangrove forest situated there.  We learned how to make 'lekar', it's a type of handicraft that made of 'lidi nipah'. We observed the fish farming activity and also learned how to collect 'lokan'. The experience was memorable.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment